IV Nutrition/Vitamin Shots
- IV nutrition is gaining in popularity as we discover new ways to help our body’s natural ability to heal itself. We are exposed to many toxins on a daily basis along with increasing our cells exposure to free radicals from our diets, we need new ways to help our body’s innate healing abilities. There are many IV nutrition options in Scottsdale, but we will take the time to sit down with you and together come up with a custom plan that’s right for you.
- Iv nutrition offers the ability to introduce higher concentrations of vitamins and nutrients into our body than if taken orally. This can help supercharge your body to help heal, fight off infections and inflammation and get you feeling your best.
We offer a few different options for our IVs:
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is one of the most important substances in our body. It is closely related to vitamin B3. It is found in every cell and is essential for our mitochondria to work properly. In its active form (NAD+) it is able to practice in energy production in the mitochondria and it will go to NADH. It is found in high concentrations in our brain cells, as our brain cells require a lot of energy to process all of our conscience and subconscious thoughts. But, unfortunately as we age the amount of NAD slowly decreases and this can lead to decreased energy and brain fog.
- Combined with age, our lifestyles of lack of sleep, alcohol intake and consumption of unhealthy food can help contribute to this decline. Utilizing IVs or intramuscular injection (IM) we can achieve higher levels of NAD to help replenish your NAD stores. Our NAD IVs are 500mg and typically take around 2-3 hours to infuse. Every patient is different, but we recommend a weekly IV and then monthly maintenance. We have patients that have found great benefits for their pain, sleep, mental clarity and anxiety. Once you have an office visit with Charlie we can also prescribe sublingual NAD tablets for daily use to keep your NAD at optimal levels.
- The IV that started it all! Dr. John Myers popularized the IV nutrition field while practicing in Baltimore. He developed this specific IV to help treat his patients who were suffering from: seasonal allergies, migraines, fatigue, asthma, depression, inflammation, etc. His procedure and results were well documented which allowed other doctors to copy his IV and administer it to their patients. This IV is a standard combination of: Magnesium, Calcium, B vitamins and Vitamin C. Giving this IV with this standard protocol in their concentrations is what gives this IV its benefits. Offering this IV we are able to achieve higher concentrations in your body than if taken orally. We offer two types of the Myers cocktail.
Low Dose Vitamin C
- A great way for a quick Immunity boost! This IV does NOT require an office visit or prescription and can be utilized as a walk in service. This combines Vitamin C, Zinc and B vitamins to help your immune system operate at its highest level! Feeling like you’re getting a cold? Schedule an immunity boost IV today!
High Dose Vitamin C
- Using prescription level IVs, we will order the 20,000mg Vitamin C and Lysine IV that also comes with a B12 and Glutathione IV push at the end to help with anti-oxidant and liver function. Vitamin C is not only great for immune boost, but also helps with collagen production which can help with joint and skin repair. You will need to schedule an office visit to be seen prior to administration of this IV.
Amino Acid and Recovery IV
- Utilize the power of amino acids which are the building blocks of all proteins to help you heal and recover faster. With IVs you are able to achieve higher concentrations than if ingested orally and sometimes supplements are broken down by the stomach and not as beneficial as what we intend them to be. This IV is great for weekend warriors, athletes or anyone that wants to supercharge their recovery. This IV includes: Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Amino Acids and Minerals. It is a great IV to help you recover and stay active.