Medical Care Services
IV Nutrition/Vitamin Shots
- IV nutrition is gaining in popularity as we discover new ways to help our body’s natural ability to heal itself. We are exposed to many toxins on a daily basis along with increasing our cells exposure to free radicals from our diets, we need new ways to help our body’s innate healing abilities. There are many IV nutrition options in Scottsdale, but we will take the time to sit down with you and together come up with a custom plan that’s right for you.
- Iv nutrition offers the ability to introduce higher concentrations of vitamins and nutrients into our body than if taken orally. This can help supercharge your body to help heal, fight off infections and inflammation and get you feeling your best.
We offer a few different options for our IVs:
- Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is one of the most important substances in our body. It is closely related to vitamin B3. It is found in every cell and is essential for our mitochondria to work properly. In its active form (NAD+) it is able to practice in energy production in the mitochondria and it will go to NADH. It is found in high concentrations in our brain cells, as our brain cells require a lot of energy to process all of our conscience and subconscious thoughts. But, unfortunately as we age the amount of NAD slowly decreases and this can lead to decreased energy and brain fog.
- Combined with age, our lifestyles of lack of sleep, alcohol intake and consumption of unhealthy food can help contribute to this decline. Utilizing IVs or intramuscular injection (IM) we can achieve higher levels of NAD to help replenish your NAD stores. Our NAD IVs are 500mg and typically take around 2-3 hours to infuse. Every patient is different, but we recommend a weekly IV and then monthly maintenance. We have patients that have found great benefits for their pain, sleep, mental clarity and anxiety. Once you have an office visit with Charlie we can also prescribe sublingual NAD tablets for daily use to keep your NAD at optimal levels.
- The IV that started it all! Dr. John Myers popularized the IV nutrition field while practicing in Baltimore. He developed this specific IV to help treat his patients who were suffering from: seasonal allergies, migraines, fatigue, asthma, depression, inflammation, etc. His procedure and results were well documented which allowed other doctors to copy his IV and administer it to their patients. This IV is a standard combination of: Magnesium, Calcium, B vitamins and Vitamin C. Giving this IV with this standard protocol in their concentrations is what gives this IV its benefits. Offering this IV we are able to achieve higher concentrations in your body than if taken orally. We offer two types of the Myers cocktail.
Low Dose Vitamin C
- A great way for a quick Immunity boost! This IV does NOT require an office visit or prescription and can be utilized as a walk in service. This combines Vitamin C, Zinc and B vitamins to help your immune system operate at its highest level! Feeling like you’re getting a cold? Schedule an immunity boost IV today!
High Dose Vitamin C
- Using prescription level IVs, we will order the 20,000mg Vitamin C and Lysine IV that also comes with a B12 and Glutathione IV push at the end to help with anti-oxidant and liver function. Vitamin C is not only great for immune boost, but also helps with collagen production which can help with joint and skin repair. You will need to schedule an office visit to be seen prior to administration of this IV.
Amino Acid and Recovery IV
- Utilize the power of amino acids which are the building blocks of all proteins to help you heal and recover faster. With IVs you are able to achieve higher concentrations than if ingested orally and sometimes supplements are broken down by the stomach and not as beneficial as what we intend them to be. This IV is great for weekend warriors, athletes or anyone that wants to supercharge their recovery. This IV includes: Vitamin C, B Vitamins, Amino Acids and Minerals. It is a great IV to help you recover and stay active.
Regenerative Medicine (Stem Cells/PRP Injection for Pain)
- Regenerative Medicine has been gaining attention and for the right reasons. This field of medicine utilizing allograft (cells from another person) to help stimulate your own body’s healing ability. Utilizing Stem Cell Derived Tissue and Exosomes, we jump start your body’s healing process.
- This is a process that involves a consultation, possible imaging and discussing with our patients about expectations. Sometimes it takes multiple treatments to help you heal and we want to make that clear to our patients.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has been proven to help stimulate your own body’s natural healing process. First we draw your blood then process it and collect the growth factors located in the plasma. We then inject that back into your injury to help signal your body that this area neds extra attention. This will signal growth factors and your body to send more blood flow and nutrients to assist in healing. For best results it might take 2-3 injections to help heal your injury and not all injuries are a good candidate for this. This is a great treatment for tendonitis, small tears in ligaments or tendons and muscle tears.
- Have you been feeling run down? Lacking energy? Losing muscle? Gaining abdominal fat? Decreased sex drive? Feeling more down and depressed?
- Decreased testosterone levels are normal as men age; the side effects don’t have to be. According to the American Urological Association, 2 out of every 10 men older than 60 years will have clinically low testosterone. Testosterone continues to decline as men age. Its time to take your health and quality of life seriously.
- There are many health, genetic and environmental factors that can contribute to declining testosterone. At the first complimentary consultation we will do a thorough history, physical and blood work to determine the cause of your symptoms and possible low testosterone. Testosterone replacement will only be initiated if after your complete workup it is determined that you are a good candidate for testosterone treatment.
- Some patients will be required to address other health issues including but not limited to: Sleep apnea, diabetes, high cholesterol, diet changes, etc prior to starting testosterone replacement. We want to make sure you are set up for success and sometimes if these other underlying health issues are not taken care of, testosterone replacement might not be necessary.
- Personalized medicine is the future of medicine. With the power of SpectraCell we are able to draw your blood either in office or at a local lab and send it to SpectraCell’s advanced lab. SpectraCell will use their advanced technology to test your sample to give us a more complete picture of your health. These personalized results will allow us to customize a roadmap for your own needs and deficiencies.
- With the ability to identify your own personal deficiencies on a cellular and micronutrient level, we will be able to develop a personalized treatment plan. Gone are the days of guessing which nutrient or vitamin you might be deficient in, we now have a targeted approach to your health. This will help us prevent chronic diseases and manage the aging process.
- Feeling like you’re coming down with a cold? Have an earache? Cut your hand while cooking? Need a work excuse because you aren’t feeling well? With our years of experience in urgent care and family practice we are able to see you in the office and work with you to find a diagnosis. We are able to see and manage most common complaints including but not limited to: Cough, cold, UTI, strep, lacerations, sprained joints, flu, headaches, rashes and much more! We offer on site testing for: UTI, Strep, Flu and COVID. If you need medication we are able to write you a prescription to your pharmacy. We look forward to assisting you on feeling your best.
- Utilizing our years of experience in pain management we can develop a treatment plan to help you with your chronic or acute pain. Utilizing both non-opioids and opioids we can help you with your pain. We do NOT manage chronic opioids at this time, but can utilize other medications and treatments to help with your pain.
- We do offer joint injections, trigger point injections (steroids and lidocaine), Toradol injections, Occipital nerve blocks for headaches and bursa injections to help ease your pain.
- With years of experience we will combine medication with motivational interviewing to help you overcome barriers to your weight loss. Our weight loss program includes blood work, medication and office visits. We offer two different medications to help with weight loss. One is Phentermine, which has been used for many years to help decrease your appetite. It is a stimulant and you will need to have an EKG prior to getting the medication and can only be on it for 2 months at a time. The other option is a custom medication we worked with a Custom Medico Pharmacy here in Scottsdale to develop. It combines vitamins, minerals and a medication to help decrease your reward of eating food.
- Schedule a visit to see how we can help you on your journey to weight loss. Insurance will cover blood work, but our weight loss program is a cash based program. The program is $399 for 2 months and does include 2 months of medication, weekly office visits, lab work and Vitamin B or Fat Shots to help give you energy and burn those calories! Or if you want to do month by month, it is $215 and does include medication, a weekly office and vitamin injections. We also will order and discuss lab work prior to your weight loss program starting to establish a baseline and make sure you are healthy enough for medication.